Connecticut Camping Injury Attorney
Camping is a popular pastime for many Americans who enjoy “getting away from it all.” Once you’re in the woods, however, you need your camping gear to work properly. A defect may cause serious injuries, including infection, broken limbs, or other harm – injuries that may be especially problematic if you’re miles from help.
Some camping gear that may conceal hidden defects includes:
- Blankets: even flame-resistant blankets may catch fire if placed too close to a campfire, stove, or lantern.
- Outdoor lanterns and stoves: Often, faulty wiring or mechanical failures inside the lanterns or stoves cause them to catch on fire.
- Heating and cooling packs: This type of product has been known to spring leaks, spilling dangerous chemicals on people.
- Tents and sleeping bags: Like blankets, these can be flammable when defective.
- Climbing gear: With defective climbing gear, a person can suffer very serious injury.
At Kocian Law Group, we understand that camping can be a vulnerable experience. We have decades of experience dealing with personal injury, including injuries caused by defective camping gear. Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights and how we can help.