Connecticut Sentence Modification & Probation Attorney

sentence modification probation

Even if you have been convicted of a crime, there are still options to mitigate, or lessen, your sentence. Kocian Law Group can help you modify your sentence or probation.


If you are unhappy with a court’s decision, you have the legal right to appeal. An appeal allows an appellate court to make a new decision about your case. You can appeal to change your sentence or even to change your conviction.

Whether you should appeal your case or not depends on your case’s individual facts. The best way to tell if you should appeal a case or whether you should appeal your sentence or your whole conviction is to contact a lawyer. Because appeals have strict deadlines, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the possibilities and chances for your case on appeal. Kocian Law Group provides free consultations.

Habeas and Post-Conviction Appeals

If your appeals have been exhausted, you may consider filing a habeas corpus or “post-conviction review” case. A writ of habeas corpus challenges the reasons for your incarceration. Because habeas law is extremely complex and time-sensitive, you should contact an attorney immediately if you are considering habeas review. Call the criminal defense attorneys at Kocian Law Group today for a consultation to explore your options.