Connecticut Sleep Disorder Lawyers – Kocian Law Group
Without a good night’s sleep, it is impossible to properly focus on day-to-day tasks. Sleep disorders can quickly cause major disruption in your life, making it hard to support yourself or your family. Medications and treatments for sleep disorders may help, but medical bills can be steep. If you have a sleep disorder, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. The attorneys at the Kocian Law Group can help you pursue the benefits you need.
Some common sleep disorders include:
- Sleep apnea. This is when you stop breathing in your sleep. This causes you to repeatedly wake up or jerk into a lighter stage of sleep, denying you much-needed rest.
- Narcolepsy. When you have narcolepsy, you get tired during the day and may fall asleep suddenly. You might think that someone with narcolepsy gets plenty of rest, but actually, people with this disorder have trouble falling asleep at night. The periods of sleep during the day are not sufficient.
- Insomnia. This is when you simply can’t fall asleep, or if you do fall asleep you cannot stay asleep. There are a number of factors that cause insomnia, but the result is a condition that quickly deprives patients of the ability to function normally.
- Daytime somnolence. You feel sleepy during the day, so much so that you have to take many naps. Yet napping doesn’t refresh you and you just end up feeling more tired later.
- Psychological issues. While not sleep disorders in and of themselves, many types of mental illnesses cause disruption to your sleep schedule. People with bipolar disorder, for instance, may suffer from broken or irregular sleep that further complicates their other mental health problems.
If you are suffering from a sleep disorder, call Kocian Law Group. We will help you build a case for disability benefits that fights for the support you need.