Connecticut Real Estate Refinances Attorney
Refinancing a mortgage occurs when a mortgagee takes out a new loan in order to pay off the previous one. Refinancing can offer many benefits, including:
- getting a lower interest rate on the new loan
- lowering your monthly payments
- changing your loan repayment time
- consolidating mortgages
- changing from an adjustable-rate mortgage to a fixed-rate mortgage.
Refinancing your mortgage isn’t merely a financial arrangement; it’s also a legal one that touches on many aspects of property law. When refinancing your mortgage, contact Kocian Law Group. We will:
- Arrange for a title search. A title search will reveal who legally owns your property and provide information about any associated mortgages or liens. A title search reveals the actual legal description of the property, showing exactly where the boundaries are and how much land they encompass. In some instances, your lender may authorize a limited search authorization [LSA] if the title has previously been searched to the satisfaction of the lender to a certain point in time [typically the last time the property was purchased] which can save you expenses in this process.
- Write necessary title insurance. If a bank or lending institution requires title insurance for the transaction, Kocian Law Group can help. We are registered title insurance agents for the First American Title Insurance Group, and we can write title insurance for a wide range of transactions.
- Handle the Settlement Statement. A Settlement Statement outlines all facets of your new loan. This includes the costs and payments. At Kocian Law Group, we have handled numerous closings, and we can review or create settlement statements associated with your closing.
- Meet with you to explain all documents and go over your loan papers before you sign. Do not sign your refinancing documents without speaking to us first. We pride ourselves on being able to explain complex documents in an easily understandable way. You’ll be able to sign your documents with the confidence that you understand the agreement and that our attorneys are looking out for your interests.
Refinancing can be complicated, but with competent real estate lawyers at your side, you do not have to navigate the process alone. Let Kocian Law Group be your go-to firm for refinancing.