Nursing Home Claims
Connecticut Nursing Home Claim Lawyers – Kocian Law Group
When you leave a loved one in the care of a nursing home, you trust that your loved one’s needs will be adequately met. When treatment is neglected in a nursing home setting, serious injuries can result. If you, or someone you love, has experienced injury in a nursing home due to the negligence of nursing home professionals don’t hesitate to contact the Kocian Law Group.
Neglect is the most common form of nursing home negligence. Nursing home personnel may neglect to care for the basic needs of patients, such as ensuring they are properly fed, sufficiently hydrated, or are warm or cool enough for the environment. Hygiene and medical treatment may also be lacking in an abusive nursing home situation.
Signs of nursing home neglect and malpractice include:
- Bed Sores. Patients who cannot move on their own must be regularly turned by attendants to prevent bed sores.
- Falls. Patients who do not receive proper monitoring are liable to slip and fall or even tumble out of bed, leading to serious injury.
- Nursing Home Infections and Diseases. Like hospitals, nursing homes are hotbeds of disease and infection. In a place where the sick gather, infection is likely to spread if not contained. Nursing home personnel have a duty to keep the nursing home clean and use appropriate hygiene practices to avoid the spread of disease.
- Suffocation and Strangulation. Patients confined to bed are especially at risk. If someone, either due to physical illness or mental deterioration, cannot move, he or she can become trapped between bed rails or down in the space between the bed frame and the mattress, leading to suffocation. Nursing home beds must be appropriately sized and nursing home personnel must monitor patients carefully to ensure that this does not happen.
- Dehydration and Malnutrition. Nursing homes must provide adequate food and water to residents.
Nursing homes are required to follow a number of health regulations in order to protect their patients. They are regulated institutions which are required to keep copious records related to patient care, facility maintenance, and other issues. The Kocian Law Group can help you use these records, regulations dictating nursing home care, and other evidence to prove abuse or neglect if nursing home negligence has harmed someone you love. For a free and confidential consultation, contact us today.