Connecticut Pediatric Malpractice Lawyers
When pediatric malpractice devastates your family, Kocian Law Group will fight for your child. We will fight to alleviate the financial burden placed upon your household. We will fight to censure the behavior of doctors or nurses whose actions or lack of action led to your child’s harm. We will fight to reverse unfair denials of insurance benefits. Kocian Law Group will do all in our power to bring your family the justice it deserves.
We know that no litigation can undo what has been done. However, you have the right to hold responsible anyone whose negligence harmed your child and to seek compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses related to the harm caused.
Pediatric malpractice occurs when a medical professional’s care of a child falls below the accepted standard of care.
Many serious injuries can result from pediatric malpractice, including:
- Failure to diagnose meningitis. Many times, meningitis is not caught early enough in its course, leading to death. Any delay in diagnosis can be a fatal mistake.
- Inducing or failing to stop the inducement of brain damage. Babies especially are at risk. A child delivered improperly or cared for incompetently in the early days can be in for a lifetime of mental and physical problems.
- Allergy to medications. Doctors must ask about allergies in order to prevent catastrophic reactions.
- Incorrect dosage of medication. Children require doses of medication tailored to their size and adjusted for other medications they may be taking.
- Birth injuries. Improper or negligent care during delivery can cause lifelong issues such as Cerebral Palsy or Erb’s Palsy.
- Surgery mistakes or negligence in post-surgical care. A surgical mistake can be an error during the surgery itself, like leaving in a sponge or tearing an artery with a clamp, or it can be wrongful surgery, like removing a healthy organ or performing a procedure upon a child without just cause.
If pediatric malpractice has harmed your child, lawful compensation can help deal with medical bills and lifetime care plans. The Kocian Law Group can help you get the compensation you need.