Born in Hartford and raised in Glastonbury, Jackson Schipke is a true son of Connecticut. Attorney Schipke received his bachelor's degree from the University of Connecticut. Following graduation from UConn he received a full-academic honors scholarship to Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island. Happy to return to his roots in Connecticut, Attorney Schipke uses his knowledge of the community, legal training, and passion for advocacy to further the interests of his clients.
Attorney Schipke is proud to aggressively represent clients injured at work or by the negligence of others. Attorney Schipke is also passionate about helping individuals and families plan for the future through estate planning and elder law. His services include helping families make the right decisions to preserve their wealth while also being a cogent resource of information to meet the needs of the elderly including planning for necessary medical care, nursing home care and appropriate housing options. Regardless of the type of case, Attorney Schipke guides his clients through the process, working with them side-by-side to create the right plan for their unique situation.
Attorney Schipke's knowledge is not limited strictly to the practice of law. Indeed his experience working at the legislature first as a lobbying assistant and then as a legislative intern for two state representatives has given him an in depth understanding of the law making process. Attorney Schipke uses this knowledge to empower his clients and further their causes through all avenues of the legal system.
Attorney Schipke enjoys spending time outdoors, hiking, and fly-fishing.
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Estate Planning & Elder Law
- Business Law
Admitted to Practice:
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2012
- Phi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
- Full-Time Legislative Intern during the 2012 legislative session in the Connecticut General Assembly
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Graduated in top 7% of his class
- Editor, Roger Williams University Law Review
- Member, Honors Program
- Participant, USPTO Law School Clinic Certification Pilot Program
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Organizations
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Planning for the Elderly Client
Internships, Externships, and Volunteer Experience:
- Eagle Scout, 2007
- Full-Time Intern, Connecticut General Assembly - House Republican Office, 2012 Legislative Session
- Student Fellow, RWU School of Law Community Economic Development Clinic (now the Business Start-Up Clinic) 2014 - 2015
- Volunteer, Clean Water Action, 2015
Jackson Raymond Schipke, Recent Case, Reilly v. City of Providence Ex Rel. Napolitano, NO. 10-461 S. 2013 WL 1193352 (D.R.I. 2013), 19 Roger Williams U. L. Rev. 3, 865 (2014).
Jackson Raymond Schipke, The Data Breach Notification that Cried Wolf: How Connecticut's Overbroad Data Breach Notification Statute Undermines the Effectiveness of Consumer Protection, Data Privacy and Security Insider Blog (May 14, 2015), http://www.dataprivacyandsecurityinsider.com.
- Connecticut Bar Associate
- Massachusetts Bar Association