Domenic D. Perito
Since 1996, Domenic Perito has handled thousands of cases from intake through trial, judgment, and collection (through post-judgment remedies including wage garnishment and bank executions). Attorney Perito has handled all phases of litigation and trials, including numerous civil jury trials, court / bench trials, and administrative formal proceedings. Attorney Perito has also practiced before courts of appeal and the compensation review board. By focusing on the representation of injured persons (in more than 95 percent of his case work), he has developed an in-depth understanding of how to resolve cases for injured persons through negotiated settlements or trial, if necessary.
During his tenure at Southern Connecticut State University, Attorney Perito served as a legislative intern with our Connecticut General Assembly (the State legislative body). Attorney Perito is also trained as an insurance adjuster with Great American Insurance Company, and served as a trained / licensed automobile physical damage appraiser as well.
Attorney Perito has a long-time interest in martial arts and eastern philosophy. He currently studies Kosho Ryu Kempo Karate and has achieved rank in both the Japanese and Korean arts. He has also been an avid kayaker for the past 13 years.
- Workers’ Compensation
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Trials
- Personal Injury (including medical malpractice, premises liability, and automobile negligence)
Admitted to Practice:
- Federal District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Southern Connecticut State University, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 1992
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude (with High Honors)
- Minor: Political Science
- Western New England College School of Law,Juris Doctorate, 1996
- Graduated in the top 25 percent of his class
- ReceivedCALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trusts and Estates
- Member, National Moot Court Team
- Member, Moot Court Competition Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Journal, Index Editor